Airtel launched its 5G services in eight Indian cities, including Delhi, Varanasi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Gurugram, Hyderabad, and Chennai.
This 5G service will provide lagging free and faster internet to Airtel users. Airtel’s 5G speed will be at least 20-30 times faster than what users get with the 4G networks.
Which devices are compatible?
Airtel services are available only on select devices as of now. As per the Airtel website, 5G models of Apple, Xiaomi, Samsung, Vivo, Realme, Oppo, and OnePlus will support 5G Plus service.
One can check the full list at https://www.airtel.in/5g-network/devices.html
The devices which do not support 5G right now will get an OTA (over-the-air) update soon.
How to activate 5G services?
- Go to the ‘settings’ on your smartphone
- Select ‘Mobile Network’
- select the SIM you want to check for the 5G network
- Click on the ‘Preferred network type’ option
- Select the 5G network from the list of network types
- If the 5G network is available in your area then you will see the 5G symbol after some time on the top row of your phone