Maruti Suzuki is looking for a future year, with many new models on the way. This includes both heavily upgraded and modestly facelifted vehicles. The new Baleno and the new-generation Brezza are examples of the former. Maruti will launch mild facelifts of the WagonR and Ertiga in between these two models. The facelifted version of the tallboy hatch will enter the showroom in March, while the updated tallboy hatch will come in February.
Facelift for Maruti WagonR in 2022
- New headlamps, a redesigned front grille, a reprofiled front bumper, and newly designed 15-inch alloy wheels are likely exterior updates.
- In recent months, Maruti has been spied testing the WagonR on public roads.
- Pratyush Rout created a render based on the same spy photos.
- With the WagonR 2022, Maruti may also provide new color options.
Expected Interior, Feature Updates
- Some changes will be added to the interior of the facelifted WagonR 2022 compared to its predecessor.
- A few features in the equipment are also expected to be changed by the Indo-Japanese carmaker. There’s a new touchscreen infotainment system, as well as electrically folding ORVMs.
- Engine idle start-stop and hill hold assist with AMT variations are expected to be included as well.
- WagonR now offers features such as a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
- The 2022 Maruti WagonR Facelift will also have manual air conditioning, all four power windows, keyless entry, and radio and phone controls mounted on the steering wheel.
- Dual airbags, ABS with EBD, and rear parking sensors will be included as standard equipment.
- Two petrol engines are available for the current WagonR: a 1.0-liter 3-cylinder K10 and a 1.2-liter 4-cylinder K12.
- The former generates 67 bhp and 90 pound-feet of peak torque, while the latter generates 82 bhp and 113 pound-feet of peak torque.
- Both engines come with a 5-speed gearbox as standard and a 5-speed AMT as an option.
- A factory-fitted CNG kit is also available for the 1.0-liter mill, which delivers 58 bhp and 79 Nm of torque.
Maruti will also offer a CNG-powered version of the 1.2-liter engine.
- WagonR comes in three trim levels: LXi, VXi, and ZXi, with prices ranging from Rs 5.18 lakh to Rs 6.58 lakh.