Govinda Naam Mera Hindi Movie Review: The crime comedy thriller Govinda Naam Mera has been streaming on Hotstar since December 16, 2022. Let us see Govinda Naam Mera Review.
Cast: Vicky Kaushal, Bhumi Pednekar, Kiara Advani, Amey Waugh, Renuka Shahane, Sayaji Shinde, and others
Director: Shashank Khaitan
Producer: Hiroo Yash Johar, Karan Johar, Apoorva Mehta, Shashank Khaitan
Music Director: Sachin-Jigar, Meet Bros, B Praak, Tanishk Bagchi, Rochak Kohli
Cinematographer: Vidushi Tiwari
Editor: Charu Shree Roy
Govinda Naam Mera Movie Story
Govinda (Vicky Kaushal), a married person is tortured by his wife Gauri (Bhumi Pednekar). He works as a choreographer and maintains an extra-marital affair with Suku (Kiara Advani),. Govinda is so desperate to take a divorce from his wife and start a happy life with Suku, but Gauri demands two crores as alimony which stops him. Govinda faces a property dispute with his stepbrother and also lands in a fight with Ajith Dharkar (Shiyaji Shinde). Suddenly, both Govinda and Suku get trapped in Gauri’s murder case. What happened next? How did Govinda and Suku manage to get rid of the crime? forms the base plot of the Govinda Naam Mera movie.
Govinda Naam Mera Hindi Movie Review: Positive Aspects
- Vicky Kaushal once again shows his mettle with Govinda Naam Mera. He looked pretty comfortable in the given role and his comedy timing is also nicely utilized
- Kiara Advani showed her other dimension in this movie
- The last 30 minutes of the movie are quite interesting and the twists are showcased fairly
Govinda Naam Mera Hindi Movie Review: Negative Aspects
- Despite having a good potential to make the movie into a good crime thriller, the makers did not develop an exciting screenplay
- Many subplots are included during the first hour, but none make a proper impact
- The comedy was not good and the narrative also becomes predictable till the last part
Govinda Naam Mera Hindi Movie Review: Technical Aspects
The music was fine but the editing work needed more corrections. Vidushi Tiwari’s cinematography is perfect. Director Shashank Khaitan did a pretty average job with this movie. Many subplots confuse the audience to understand what the director exactly wanted to portray.
Concluding the Govinda Naam Mera Hindi Movie Review, Govinda Naam Mera has a few interesting moments. The performances and the last half an hour are key elements. If the screenplay had been tighter, the movie could have been a good one.