Meta-owned instant messaging app WhatsApp now allows Android users to transfer their chats to iOS. This feature was first announced by Meta CEO Mark Zukerberg last month and has now made its way to all WhatsApp users.
As WhatsApp is now allowing the data transfer both ways (from iOS to Android and Android to iOS), switching to either of the OS is easier than ever.
Let us take a look at how to migrate WhatsApp chats from Andriod phone to iPhone:
Before beginning, you need to make sure both smartphones are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Move to iOS app on iPhone and Andriod phones
- Enter the code that you see on the iPhone app on the Andriod version
- Make sure to select WhatsApp on the transfer data screen
- Click on the Start button on the Andriod phone and wait till all the data is migrated to the iPhone
- Now, your WhatsApp account will be signed out from the Android device
- Click on Next to head back to the Move to iOS app, and now you can transfer data from the Andriod device to iOS
- Start your iPhone and install the latest version of WhatsApp Messenger and log in with the same phone number that was used on the Andriod phone
- Now you can see all the WhatsApp data from the Andriod phone on your new iPhone app