Monica, O My Darling Movie Review: Monica, O My Darling movie has been streaming on the Netflix platform since November 11, 2022. Let us see Monica, O My Darling Review.
Cast: Rajkummar Rao, Huma Qureshi, Radhika Apte, Sukant Goel, Akansha Rajan Kapoor, Sikander Kher, Bhagavathi Perumal, Zayn Marie, and Others
Director: Vasan Bala
Producers: Sanjay Routray, Dikssha Jyote Routray, and Sarita Patil
Music Director: Achint Thakkar
Cinematographer: Swapnil Sonawane
Editor: Atanu Mukherjee
Monica, O My Darling Movie Story
Mr. Jayant Arkhedkar (Rajkummar Rao) becomes one of the Board of Directors of Unicorn, a robotics company. The company’s CEO believes in Jayant and gives him a higher position. Jayant is about to marry the CEO’s daughter Nikki (Akansha Rajan Kapoor), but he maintains an affair with Monica Machado (Huma Qureshi), who works in the same company. Monica becomes pregnant and starts blackmailing Jayant for the sake of money. Jayant learns that Accounts Officer Arvind Swamy (Bhagavathi Perumal), and Nishikanth Adhikari (Sikander Kher), the CEO’s son are also in an affair with Monica. Monica starts blackmailing all these three, and hence they decide to kill her. How these three tried to get rid of Monica? forms the base plot of Monica, O My Darling.
Monica, O My Darling Movie Review: Positive Aspects
- The retro-style music gives a completely new feel to the movie
- The movie has many twists in the second half, which are can’t guess easily
- The manner in which fun is incorporated around the series of murders is brilliant
- The screenplay in the last hour keeps the audience hooked
- The performance of every artist is top-notch
Monica, O My Darling Movie Review: Negative Aspects
- As this movie is a new genre, it won’t be suitable for all sections of the audience
- The narrative in the initial thirty minutes is not engaging
- The violent portions might be difficult to see and digest for some people
Monica, O My Darling Review: Technical Aspects
The songs and background music by Achint Thakkar are so good. Swapnil Sonawane’s cinematography is fine. The editing is on point and we feel that the movie ended quite quickly. Director Vasan Bala’s presentation in the second half makes the movie enjoyable.
Concluding the Monica, O My Darling Movie Review, Monica, O My Darling is a neo-noir crime comedy thriller. The movie offers a different experience for the audience with more twists and quirky comedy.