Ponniyin Selvan 1 Tamil Movie Review: Ponniyin Selvan: Part 1 movie has been released in theatres on September 30, 2022. Let us see Ponniyin Selvan 1 Review.
Cast: Vikram, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Karthi, Jayam Ravi, Trisha, Shobita Dulipala, Prabhu, Jayaram, Vikram Prabhu, Aiswarya Lekshmi, Sarathkumar, Prakash Raj, and Others
Director: Mani Ratnam
Producers: Mani Ratnam, Subaskaran Allirajah
Music Director: A. R. Rahman
Cinematographer: Ravi Varman
Editor : Sreekar Prasad
Ponniyin Selvan 1 Movie Story
The king of the Chola dynasty gives the responsibility of ruling the kingdom to his brother Sundara Choludu (Prakash Raj) due to his ill health. After a few days, Sundara Chouludu gives it to his son Aditya Karikaaludu (Vikram). Madhuranthakudu (Rehman) who is the actual heir and son of the Chola dynasty’s late king gets disappointed by this decision. He seeks the help of another king Pallavaraaya (Sarathkumar) and they plan a secret meeting in Kadamboor to discuss the future plan. Aditya Karikaaludu gets suspicion and orders his brave warrior and army commander Vallavarayan Vanthiyadevudu (Karthi) to find out what’s happening. Did Vallavarayan complete his job? How did Ponniyin Selvan Arunmozhi, who is the brother of Aditya and the next king of the Chola kingdom (Jayam Ravi) stop this? forms the base plot of Ponniyin Selvan part 1.
Ponniyin Selvan 1 Tamil Movie Review: Positive Aspects
- Karthi gets a meaty role and has given it all for the film and amused the audience
- Jayam Ravi and Aishwarya Rai got key roles and aced it to perfection
- Vikram and Trisha are seen very briefly but their screen presence raises the impact
- The drama is engaging in some places and the movie has some engaging moments
- The action blocks are well composed and hold our attention
Ponniyin Selvan 1 Tamil Movie Review: Negative Aspects
- The movie has more drama which becomes way too much for a common audience
- The screenplay becomes confusing and convoluted at times
- The small-paced narrative tests the audience’s patience
- The director stuck to a flat screenplay without any high moments
- The climax sequence is heavily dragged for no reason
PS 1 Movie Review: Technical Aspects
Thota Tharrani’s production design adds more value to this saga. The costume work by Eka Lakshmi is awesome. AR Rahman’s music is pleasant and gave a very high-quality background score to elevate the proceedings. The camera work by Ravi Varman is good but the editing is below par. Mani Ratnam’s intention to bring this great story is visible but he should have been more cautious in storytelling.
Concluding the Ponniyin Selvan 1 Tamil Movie Review, Ponniyin Selvan: Part 1 has a good storyline but the narrative is middling.