The Gray Man Movie Review: The Gray Man movie has been released on Netflix on July 22, 2022. Let us see The Gray Man Review.
Cast: Ryan Gosling, Chris Evans, Dhanush, Jessica Henwick, Billy Bob Thorton, Ana de Armas, Regé-Jean Page, Julia Butters, and others
Director: Russo Brothers
Producers: Russo Brothers, Jeff Kirschenbaum, Mike Larocca, Joe Roth, Chris Castaldi, and Palak Patel
Music Director: Henry Jackman
Cinematographer: Stephen F Windon
Editor: Jeff Groth and Pietro Scalia
The Gray Man Movie Story
Court Genty codenamed Sierra Six (Ryan Gosling), who is a gray man working for the CIA is sent to kill a bad guy, Sierra Four in Bangkok. Sierra Six kills him and runs away with the pen drive having dark secrets. Their boss Denny Carmichael (Regé-Jean Page) appoints former colleague Lloyd Hansen (Chris Evans) to kill Sierra Six and bring back the proof. Did Lloyd kill Sierra Six? What are those secrets? forms the base plot of The Gray Man.
The Gray Man Movie Review
- The racy screenplay makes your eyes stick to the screens
- Ryan Gosling’s performance is subtle yet stunning
- Chris Evans’s performance is top-notch as a ruthless and psychopathic agent
- Dhanush’s screen presence is limited but creates a huge impact
- Billy Bob Thorton, Julia Butters, Ana de Armas, and Jessica Henwick delivered their best
- The story itself is a big letdown for the movie as it is highly predictable
- The backstory about the dark secrets of the agency could have been shown in a more detailed manner
- Dhanush and Ana de Armas’s roles could have been designed in a good manner in order to create more impact
The Gray Man Review: Technical Aspects
The cinematography by Stephen F Windon is commendable. Russo brothers – Joe Russo and Anthony Russo have completely failed to come up with an engaging story. The music score by Henry Jackman is nice. The editing by Jeff Groth and Pietro Scalia is good.
Concluding The Gray Man Movie Review, The Gray Man is an action thriller with a routine story and intense action sequences.