Velan Tamil Movie Review: Mugen Rao, who earned so much popularity with the Bigg Boss Tamil season 3 is now made his debut in Tamil Cinema with Velan movie that has been released on 31st December 2021. Let us see the Velan Review.
Cast: Mugen Rao, Meenakshi Govindarajan, Mariya Vincent, Brigida, Prabhu, Soori, and Others
Producer: Kalaimagan Mubarak
Editor: K. Sarathkumar
Music Director: Gopi Sundar
Cinematography: Gopi Jagadeeswaran
Here is the Velan Movie Review and Story:
Velan Movie Story
Velan (Mugen Rao) loves his collegemate Ananya (Meenakshi Govindarajan), who is a Malayalee. When they decided to get married, their relationship takes turns because of a letter and series of events. Did Velan and Ananya get married? What is their fate? is the basic plot of the Velan movie.
Velan Tamil Movie Review: Positive Aspects
- Mugen Rao made a fairly positive debut and he looks confident & smart on-screen
- Meenakshi Govindarajan is good in her role
- Soori has good scope for comedy and he did it well
- All the supporting cast like Prabhu, Brigida, etc did justice to their respective roles
- The movie has some interesting twists and the screenplay moves at a decent pace
Velan Tamil Movie Review: Negative Aspects
- In the second half, the emotional scenes are missing to strike a connection
- The story turns melodramatic in the climax
Velan Movie Review: Technical Aspects
Gopi Sundar’s musical score is just passable. The cinematography by Gopi Jagadeeswaran is decent. Editing by Sarath Kumar is functional. Director Kavin could have hit the high note effectively with some more neatly written and executed emotional scenes.
Concluding the Velan Tamil Movie Review, this movie is a typical old-school rural family drama that offers nothing new but manages to engage the audience.