Vaikuntha Chaturdashi: The auspicious day of Vaikuntha Chaturdashi falls a day prior to Kartik Purnima. It is a part of Dev Diwali which is observed in the Kartika month. This auspicious month is dedicated to the joint worship of Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu. This festival falls a day before Kartika Pournami or Dev Diwali in the Chaturdashi Tithi in the Kartika month.
Vaikuntha Chaturdashi 2022 Date & Time
Vaikuntha Chaturdashi 2022 Date: Sunday, November 6, 2022
Nishitakal: 11:40 pm – 12:32 am, Nov 07, 2022
Duration: 00 Hours 52 Mins
Dev Deepavali: Monday, November 7, 2022
Chaturdashi Tithi begins: at 04:28 pm on November 06, 2022
Chaturdashi Tithi ends: at 04:15 pm on November 07, 2022
Vaikuntha Chaturdashi History & Significance
The Shiv Purana signifies this holy day of Kartik Chaturdashi when Lord Vishnu went to Varanasi to worship Deity Shiva. Later, Lord Vishnu placed thousands of lotuses to worship Lord Shiva. While performing the Puja, Lord Vishnu found the thousandth lotus missing. In order to show his devotion towards Lord Shiva, he plucked one of his eyes and offered Lord Shiva.
As a result of this devotion, Lord Shiva gifted Sudarshan Chakra to Lord Vishnu. on the auspicious day of Vaikuntha Chaturdashi, devotees offer a thousand lotuses in the name of Lord Vishnu.
Vaikuntha Chaturdashi Rituals
- Wake up in the Brahma Muhurta and take a bath
- Take the pledge of fasting, one should not eat any grains
- Worship Lord Vishnu in Nishita Muhurta with Lotus flowers at midnight
- Visit either a Vishnu temple or Shiva temple near your place and offers prayers
- After the completion of worship of Lord Vishnu, worship Lord Shiva in Arunodaya Muhurta on the second day in the morning
- Once both the worship are done, break your fast