Malikappuram Telugu Movie Review: The Malayalam blockbuster Malikappuram starring Unni Mukundhan has become a huge hit at the Kerala box office. The movie’s Telugu version was released in theatres on January 26, 2023. Let us see Malikappuram Review.
Cast: Unni Mukundan, Deva Nandha, Saiju Kurup, Sreepath, and Others
Director: Vishnu Sasi Shankar
Producers: Priya Venu, Neeta Pinto
Music Director: Ranjin Raj
Cinematographer: Vishnu Narayanan
Editor: Shameer Muhammed
Malikappuram Movie Story
An eight-year-old girl Shannu (DEva Nandha) wishes to visit Sabarimala, as her favorite deity is Lord Ayyappa. This remains a long unfulfilled dream for Shannu. Suddenly, an unfortunate incident happens, due to which Shannu’s family got disturbed. Shannu and her brother Bujji (Sreepath), decide to go to Sabarimala all by themselves. A child trafficker tries to kidnap Shannu. Did kids get rid of Kidnapper? Did they reach Sabarimala safely? What is the role of Ayappan (Unni Mukundan) in the story? forms the base plot of the Malikappuram story.
Malikappuram Telugu Movie Review: Positive Aspects
- The audience will get surprised after watching Deva Nandha’s acting. The child actress has done a marvelous job and surely, she has a bright future
- Another child artist Sreepath is also amazing. His comedy timing evoked some laughs
- Unni Mukundan gave a settled performance as Ayappan. The actor’s screen presence and scenes of him with kids worked nicely
- The fight sequence that comes in the second half is composed quite well
Malikappuram Telugu Movie Review: Negative Aspects
- There are no thrilling elements and the movie goes on a flat screenplay
- More substance in the story was required to elevate the proceedings
- The journey should have been highlighted more than depicting the girl’s family angle and the movie becomes prolonged at times
Malikappuram Movie Review: Technical Aspects
Music by Ranjin Raj is fine. Cinematographer Vishnu Narayanan neatly captured the Kerala locations. The production values are good but the editing was just okay. Director Vishnu Sasi Shankar did a pretty ordinary job with this movie.
Concluding the Malikappuram Telugu Movie Review, Malikappuram has a bit of devotion and a bit of emotion. The movie gets benefits from the lead cast’s superior performances, and the emotions work in parts.