According to a statement provided by AIIMS Delhi, Union Home Minister Amit Shah has been brought to hospital for post-COVID-19 care after complaining of weariness and bodily soreness for the past three to four days. Let us learn about his childhood, family, and political career.
According to a statement provided by AIIMS Delhi, Union Home Minister Amit Shah has been brought to hospital for post-COVID-19 care after complaining of weariness and bodily soreness for the past three to four days. Last week, he tested negative for coronavirus. He is still working from the hospital.
Amit Shah was hospitalised to Medanta Hospital in Gurgaon after testing positive for Coronavirus. On August 14, 2020, he tweeted that, on the recommendation of his physicians, he will remain in home isolation for a few more days. On the occasion of the 74th anniversary of the American Revolution, he raised the National Flag from his official residence.
Amit Shah, an astute politician and energetic leader, has been appointed as India’s Home Minister. He defeated Congress competitor C J Chavda by 8.94 lakh votes in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. He is the most trusted leader in Modi’s entourage, and he has been assigned major responsibility in terms of pursuing political objectives.
During Narendra Modi’s stint as Gujarat Chief Minister, Amit Shah served four terms as MLA of Sarkhej and held a number of crucial responsibilities in the state government. During his college days in Ahmedabad, he joined the RSS as a swayamsevak.
Amit Shah: Early Life and Family
Amit Shah was born on October 22, 1964 in Mumbai. He holds a bachelor’s degree in biochemistry at CU Shah Science College in Ahmedabad and joined the RSS when he was 14 years old. He has assisted his father in his PVC pipe company and has also worked as a stockbroker at Ahmedabad co-operative banks. His political career began when he met Narendra Modi through the Ahmedabad RSS circles.
Born: 22 October, 1964
Place of Birth: Mumbai (Maharashtra)
Father’s Name: Amit Anil Chandra Shah
Mother’s Name: Shrimati Kusumben Shah
Spouse’s Name: Sonalben Shah
Spouse’s Profession: Social Worker
Profession: Agricultural, Political and Social Worker
Party Name: Bharatiya Janata Party
Children: Jay Shah son
In the year 2000, Amit Shah was named president of the Ahmedabad District Cooperative Bank (ADCB). When he took over, the bank was losing roughly Rs 36 crore and was on the verge of closing down. Amit Shah’s efforts over the last year or so resulted in bank profits of Rs. 27 crore. He is married to Sonal Shah and they have a son named Jay Shah.
Amit Shah: Political Journey
– In 1983, he became the chief of the RSS’s student wing, Akshil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVB).
– In 1984, he became a member of the BJP.
– In 1987, he joined the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM), the BJP’s youth wing.
– During the Lok Sabha elections in 1991, he campaigned in Gandhinagar for Lal Krishna Advani.
– He was also elected as an MLA from Gujarat’s Sarkhej Constituency in 1995, and he was re-elected four times from the same constituency.
He was appointed vice-president of the Gujarat Cricket Association (GCA) in 2009.
– In the 2012 assembly elections, Amit Shah ran from Naranpura and defeated Congress candidate Dr. Jitubhai B. Patel. He won by more than 60,000 votes.
– He was selected as the BJP’s National General Secretary.
– He was elected President of the BJP in 2014.
– In August 2017, he was elected to the Rajya Sabha from Gujarat.
– In the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, Amit Shah won the Gandhinagar Lok Sabha seat by more over 5 lakh votes, breaking LK Advani’s previous record of 4.83 lakh votes.
– Amit Shah is a Minister of Home Affairs in Narendra Modi’s government in 2019.
Amit Shah: As a Gujarat Minister
He ran in the 2002 Assembly elections from Ahmedabad’s Sarkhej constituency, winning by a margin of roughly 158,036 votes. In the 2007 Assembly election, he won from Sarkhej once more. There is no doubting that Amit Shah has evolved as a significant political leader during Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s twelve-year reign. After winning the 2002 elections, he became the Narendra Modi government’s youngest minister and was handed various ministries. He was also instrumental in the passage of the Gujarat Freedom of Religion Act.
According to the Election Commission website, Amit Shah received 69.7% of the votes cast in the 2019 Lok Sabha elections. He received approximately 8,80,000 votes, whereas Dr. CJ Chavda of the Congress Party received approximately 3,30,000 votes. The main contest in Gandhinagar is between BJP President Amit Shah and Congress President Dr. C J Chawda.
Some interesting facts about Amit Shah
– He is an avid sports fan.
– He was President of the Gujarat Chess Association in 2006, and during his tenure, the national chess competition “National B” was held in Gujarat.
– He was appointed President of the Ahmedabad Central Board of Cricket Association and Vice-President of the Gujarat State Cricket Association in 2009.
– He was elected President of the “Gujarat State Cricket Association” in 2014. With his help, GCA’s “Motera Cricket Stadium” is quickly rising to the ranks of the world’s most advanced stadiums.
Amit Shah began his political career as a representative of the RSS’s student section before joining the BJP in 1986. He worked hard and achieved his position in the BJP.